Let’s visit some helpful tips so you want gain weight while you are on vacation this summer. In addition we will talk about a workout that you can do in your hotel room, ship cabin, or while you are on the beach.
Did you know that half of Americans will go on vacation this summer with Vegas being the most visited location and the state of Florida beaches and attractions coming in second place.
Did you know that about 66% of Americans gain weight while they are on vacation each year according to USA Today. Do not become part of this statistic. Plan and take action while on vacation to prevent weight gain this summer and stay with your easy weight loss goals.
Here are some valuable tips you can follow while you are away to prevent you from gaining weight that you have worked so hard to lose.
- Make sure you eat a good breakfast before you start your daily activities away from the hotel or resort. You do not want to wait until you are hungry later in the morning or early in the afternoon.
- Avoid that alcohol because there are 9 calories in every gram. You will gain weight sitting around drinking alcohol.
- Pack snacks before you leave your room so you do not have to eat a big meal for lunch while you are out. So pack yourself a bag and eat a small amount of snacks during the day to offset the cravings that come calling. Make sure the snacks are low in sugar, low in salt, and low in saturated fats. They should contain protein and fiber.
- Have fun doing any activity. Take a walk on the beach or in the woods, take a bicycle ride, or try some new activities that will help you burn calories.
- Here are four activities that you can do in your room or at a local park to help keep your metabolism up until you get home and back to your regular weight loss exercise program.
– Use two water bottles and a chair or bench and perform step ups on the chair or bench while lifting the water bottles above your head.
– Push ups
– Ab core exercises.
– Leg thrusts
I hope you enjoy your vacation while maintaining your weight.
Alycia Kluegl: The Vacation Workout