When you go to the refrigerator or pantry looking for something to eat do look puzzled thinking what can I eat? Do you want to satisfy yourself without spending an hour preparing the food? Well I want to present some simple ideas you can consider. A course you will have to purchase these items next time you go to the grocery store so these foods are available when you are hungry. All these foods have nutritional value so they will fit quiet well with any easy weight loss program.
These meals or snacks suggestions will be quick to prepare, but they still have nutritional benefits:
- Chicken burritos are very easy to make. Just heat some chicken, beans and vegetables. Next you want to wrap the heated items in a whole wheat tortilla. Sprinkle on some low-fat cheese. This food nearly hits all of the major MyPlate food groups with one bite.
- Beans and brown rice are two great energy sources. The protein in the beans provides fuel for your muscles, while the complex carbs in the brown rice provides lasting energy. Try this Cajun Style Black Beans & Brown Rice Recipe.
- Peanut butter and jelly is an old time favorite that is great when spread on toasted whole wheat bread.
- Pita pocket sandwiches are more healthy when stuffed with veggies and healthy lunch meat. For a change, try a whole grain bagel sandwich.
- Low-sodium soup and crackers is simple to fix and will fill you up fast. Adding some fresh or canned vegetables will make the soup even more nutritious.
- Oatmeal is not just a breakfast food! Heat some up for a snack or a meal during the day. With so many different flavors available, you do not need a reason to get a boost of fiber. Check out this 7 Hearty Oatmeal Recipes.
- Whole wheat pancakes taste great, any time of the day or any meal. With a powdered mix, you can make some hotcakes in a flash. Toast frozen whole wheat waffles if you are in a hurry.