Living A Physically Active Lifestyle For The Rest Of Your Life
Is Necessary In Keeping Your Weight Off!
The two most important elements of any weight loss or weight maintenance program is a commitment to a healthy diet and burning fat through weight loss exercises. To burn fat along with your diet requires that you become active. What you want to do through your activities is to burn more calories than you consume resulting in losing weight.
So let’s now focus on burning more calories through exercising. There are two main types of exercises that most doctors and fitness trainer recommend for weight loss:
- Cardiovascular exercises
- Resistance training
But before you start cardiovascular exercises or resistance training along with your selected diet you should consult your doctor to discuss your weight loss goals and strategies. Your doctor should be able to provide you with advice on which diet and exercises you should consider based on your health condition.
Cardiovascular exercise is the easier of the two to start and to see some results. This form of exercise involves deep breathing and it increases the heart rate. During the exercising you will increase blood circulation which supplies muscles with oxygen and energy.
Cardiovascular activities include walking, jogging, swimming, martial arts, aerobics etc. which can be done for a longer period of time because they are mainly aerobic which use oxygen to develop energy and fuel for the body. You will also find that your metabolism will increase leading to burning body fat.
For most healthy adults, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends at least two hours and 30 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity such as brisk walking or swimming or one hour and 15 minutes a week of vigorous aerobic activity such as running as part of the best way to lose weight. You want to spread this aerobic active throughout the week and not doing it only once a week. Regular aerobic training is best for burning body fat a little bit at a time.
How to lose belly fat, FAST
In this video, Mike Chang show a great home cardio workout. This workout is great for losing body fat and building a ripped beach body. It’s many times more effective than long, slow cardio workouts like treadmill jogging — and it only takes three minutes! It’s definitely one of the best cardio workouts at home around.
Best of all, this home cardio workout can be done with NO EQUIPMENT, and no gym membership needed. It’s extremely simple — you just have to learn three basic body weight exercises to perform the workout.
Here’s how to do this home cardio workout:
- Squat thrust — 10 reps
- Mountain Climber — 10 reps (counting 1-2-3-ONE-1-2-3-TWO)
- Squat Jump — 10 reps
Repeat these exercises until you have done 100 reps total. You will end up doing 40 squat thrusts, 30 mountain climbers, and 30 squat jumps total.
Credit for inventing this home cardio workout goes to DAVE GINSBERG, Dan’s jiu-jitsu coach in Boston.
On the other hand, muscle development through resistance training is core to any strength training program. Increased muscle density results in an increased Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR).
For most healthy adults, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends resistance strength training exercises at least twice a week. You will find if possible that three times a week will be more effective for burning body fat.
Resistance training can change the feel and look of your entire body, your self-confidence, and self-esteem. But more importantly, resistance training could possibly be the best thing that you will ever do to keep your body looking better than ever.
Resistance training is one thing you can do to elevate your metabolism for hours after a workout of exercises. Cardiovascular workouts are necessary and effective, but, after an hour of running or walking, your metabolism is only raised for less than an hour before it returns to your bodies normal level.
On the other hand, resistance training will elevate your metabolism to a more permanent level. This happens because resistance training is a process that breaks down muscle tissue and re-builds them back stronger, firmer, and more tone. During the re-build process your body expenses energy which burns fat.
You want to develop muscle density which increase body tissue which are kept alive through energy. This will make your body an efficient natural fat burner. You will burn fat during the resistance exercises and your body will continue to burn your body fat even when you are not exercising.
So what you want to do is exercising and workout with sufficient intensity so your body burns calories from the carbohydrates stored in your muscles instead of body fat. And after your intensity resistance training is over, your body will continue to burn your body fat and calories to fuel lean muscle growth and repairing the muscle process that occurs.
Studies have shown that the best thing is that your body will continue to burn body fat for up to 48 hours after your resistance exercising session is over! What we have is your body working for you through your weight loss exercises.
So, adding lean muscle mass to your body is one of the big secrets to burning fat all day long, even when you’re not working out. Targeting weight loss exercises will mainly tone your muscles, making them more firm and compact, tightening and lifting hanging parts of the body like your mid section. At most, weight loss exercises will give you an appealing, well structured body.
Other advantages of exercising as you lose weight include:
- Increasing your personal fitness level
- Reduce your risk of heart disease
- Increase your lung capacity
- Reduce blood pressure reading
- Prevent the potential of diabetes
- Burn those bad fats
- Strengthen your cardiovascular system
- Improve your immune system
- Significantly lower your stress levels
How Much and What Type Of Exercise Should You Do
The amount and type of weight loss exercises you do will depend on your current fitness level, goals and available time based on your schedule. Whatever you decide to do a complete exercise program should include Cardiovascular Exercises, Resistance training for strenght.
A cardio workout is any type of rhythmic activity that is performed on a continuous level. Activities that are continuous over time include activities like walking, running, aerobics, cycling, swimming and dancing. It has been shown through studies that Cardio exercises strengthen the heart and lungs which increases both your endurance and burns calories which will help you lose weight. Some general guidelines for cardio exercises for weight loss is that you should build up to doing 60-90 minutes of activity listed above at least three days a week. You want the workout to be at a moderate intensity which means while you are performing the activity you still able to talk which is a level 5 on an exertion scale.
Home Cardio Workout Video
Resistance Training Guidelines
Resistance training include exercises that works your body in a different way than Cardiovascular exercises. With resistance training, your workout includes lift weights and using machines(dumbbells, barbells, resistance bands, machines, etc.) to strengthen the muscles, bones and connective tissue. It has been proven that resistance training is just as important for weight loss as Cardiovascular workouts.
By lifting light weights, you will build lean muscle tissue which will raise your metabolism and reduce your body fat as long as you manage your calorie intake. What I mean is that you will lose weight if you simple reduce you calorie intake by 100 calories per day over what you are custom to consuming daily.
General Resistance training guidelines:
- Choose 8-10 exercises, targeting the major muscle groups (lower body, chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps and abs)
- For beginners, do only one set of 8-16 reps of each exercise until you feel fatigued. More advanced exercisers can do 2-3 sets of 8-16 reps.
- Train each of the muscle groups on 3 non-consecutive days a week (Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday)
- Make sure to work each exercise through its full range of motion while using good form
Here is a list of exercises by muscle groups:
- Lower Body – The most common exercises for the butt, hips and thighs are squats, lunges and dead lifts. Exercises for Your Butt, Hips and Thighs – http://exercise.about.com/library/blsamplebutt.htm
- Chest – Some of the most common chest exercises include push-ups, chest presses, and chest flies. Exercises for Your Chest – http://exercise.about.com/library/blsamplechest.htm
- Back – Most back exercises involve some type of rowing motion such as the seated row, dumbbell row and rear delt row. Back Exercises – Upper, Mid and Lower Back Moves – http://exercise.about.com/library/blbackexercises.htm
- Shoulders – Most shoulder exercises are called ‘pushing’ exercises and generally involve pressing a weight over or away from your body such as overhead presses and lateral raises. Shoulder Exercises – http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blshoulders.htm
- Biceps – Most bicep exercises are called ‘pulling’ exercises and generally involve curling your hand towards your shoulders as in bicep curls. Exercises for Your Biceps – http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blsamplebicep.htm
- Triceps – Most triceps are called ‘pushing’ exercises and generally involve extending your elbow as in kickbacks. Exercises for Your Triceps – http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blsampletricep.htm
- Abs – Want to know the most effective ab exercises? Learn the most effective exercises for your abs from your About Exercise Guide. Top 10 Most Effective Ab Exercises – http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm
So now is the time that you sit down and develop your personal exercise plan that you will follow at least three times per week. Burning that fat off will require you to make a strong commitment to exercising and dieting. Both are necessary to loss fat and weight. So get yourself motivated and begin your personal weight loss exercises day.