Weight Loss Motivation Tip 3 is all about rewarding yourself when you reach your weight loss goal. Plan a treat for yourself when you have had a great week or month. Your choice when you reward yourself. But you should establish when you reward yourself as part of your goal. Make it non food related such as get a pedicure, facial, buy some make-up, buy new clothes, attend a concert, attend a sporting event. Anything that makes you feel good about yourself and your great easy weight loss progress.
Here are some Reward Ideas from Individuals that have met their weight loss goals:
- For a healthy reward, visit a spa and get yourself a massage, or hit the sauna to relax. Weed out your schedule, clear your clutter, and snack on avocado.
- Today I reached my 10 lbs lost mark! I am so excited! From the beginning, I’ve said that I was going to treat myself to a big, delicious meal when I lose the first 10 pounds, so this morning I had a yummy breakfast at IHOP and I don’t feel bad about it at all! I’ve earned it!
- New clothes is a good reward. On the other hand, I think having lost weight is pretty much a reward in itself.
- I absolutely think it is important to have rewards when goals are obtained. I buy shoes or new jewelry when I reach one of my mini weight loss goals. That way it is not food and I can wear the items after I reach my next weight loss goal. If I do not reach my goal for the week I do not let myself wear the shoes or jewelry that I purchased for the previous goal until I reach the new goal!
- After I lose my first 10 pounds I will reward myself with a nice new book from Barnes and Noble or Borders instead of the public library!